INTRODUCTION: A carnal man, is a man who has surrendered his life to Christ, but still lives like a man in the natural state, that is, his body and mind is still under the control of his flesh, senses and other factors other than the spirit of God, it refers to a man who has not surrendered totally to the Lordship of Christ.
Romans 6: 16 says “Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?”
He chooses to allow the lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life to tempt him. This man has refused to grow spiritually and in his worst state can lose his salvation. 2 Timothy 3:2-7 says “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. 6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth.“
It can be used to refer to a man who has not learn to yield and be controlled by the Holy Spirit. It is a way of life where your soul and body is helplessly subjected to the appetite, lust and desires of the sinful nature without minding the consequence.
- Dangers of canality
- How to be spiritually minded
- Dangers of canality
- Being canal gives the devil access to a believer’s life.
- Being canal stops you from being an ambassador of Christ.
- Being canal prevents you from growing spiritually. 1 3:1-4.
- Being canal leads to spiritual death instead of life promised by Christ. Rom. 7:11-14
- Being canal leads to manifestation of curses and satanic oppression
- There will be absence of grace and favour.
How To Be Spiritually Minded
- Love God with all your heart. Deut. 10:12 says “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul“
- Believe the word of God. Romans 6:14 says “For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.“
- Have a rich and consistent devotional life. John 15:4 says “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.“
- Put to death the works of the flesh. Anything you cannot give God must die in your life. Rom. 6:6-13, I con 2: 16, Eph. 4:22-24
- Allow God’s word to grow in you. 2 Tim. 3:14
- Add fasting to your prayers
- Renew your mind. Romans 12:2 “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.“
- Set your mind on the things of God i.e. sow to the spirit. Romans 8:5 says “Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.“
- Be committed to obeying God. John. 14:15, 23
- Be mindful of the fact that the spirit of God is in you. I Cor. 6:19, Gal. 5:16-25 and live under the authority of God’s word. Phil. 4:8 says “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.“
Carnality is a stage every believer starts from but must leave. Therefore, every believer must immerse himself in the word and put to death the works of the flesh if such person will fulfil purpose and see the fulfilment of God’s promises. We must rise to a spiritual state where our spirit , soul and body can effortlessly withstand pressures, lust and craving of the flesh.
WE WILL APPRICIATE YOUR FEEDBACK
Add your comment below or ask questions.