Table Of Contents
- Divi Nation Episode 05: Building an Effective Personal Brand with Phil Simon
- Building an Effective Personal Brand with Phil Simon
- Divi Quick Tip 03: How to Stop Logo & Menu Shrink When Scrolling
- Divi Plugin Highlight 02: Best Slider Plugins to Pair with Divi
- Production Notes
- Nominate Our Next Co-Host!
In this episode of Divi Nation we sit down with tech consultant, author, and speaker Phil Simon to talk about what it takes to build an effective personal brand. Our interview and discussion focuses on three key areas: establishing authority, projecting a relevant (and genuine) persona, as well as gauging audience perception.
Divi Nation Episode 05: Building an Effective Personal Brand with Phil Simon
After spending some time with Phil, it’s no mystery why he’s considered a great writer and public speaker. He’s got a great interview presence and he was a pleasure to talk to. I’m confident you’ll enjoy our conversation whether you choose to watch or listen to it.
If you’d like to make sure you can easily watch or listen to future episodes of Divi Nation, please take a moment and use one of the subscription options we’ve provided below.
All Subscription Options:
Building an Effective Personal Brand with Phil Simon
If you’d like to watch just the interview, this video is for you. Phil Simon shares from his person experience of building an effective personal brand. Between being featured on The Harvard Business Review, CNN, Wired, NBC, CNBC, Inc. Magazine, BusinessWeek, Huffington Post, Quartz, The New York Times, Fox News, and many other sites he is obviously doing something right. See what he has to say on the subject.
Divi Quick Tip 03: How to Stop Logo & Menu Shrink When Scrolling
One of the most asked questions in our support forums and on social media is: how do I stop the logo and menu section from shrinking when I scroll down the page? Thankfully, the fix is really simple and we show you how to do it in this video. No coding required.
Divi Plugin Highlight 02: Best Slider Plugins to Pair with Divi
Another frequently asked question is: what slider do you recommend for pairing with Divi?
The short answer is that it depends. It depends on whether you want or need something extremely quick and simple or something a bit more robust and powerful. In this Divi Plugin Highlight we highlight three plugins that range from extremely simple (and free) to robust (and premium).
Big thanks to those in the Divi Community who shared their plugin suggestions and example sites:
- David Blackmon and Sam Winter recommended Meta Slider. Sam provided this example site so everyone could see it in action on Divi.
- Cory Jenkins recommended Layer Slider and this example site.
- Andrew Palmer recommended Slider Revolution and this example site.
The new gear is here! Testing has commenced! Next episode (with Geno Quiroz) will be the last episode that uses the following list of software/gear:
- Scrivener for the scripts.
- Skype for the interviews.
- Ecamm Call Recorder for the interview recordings.
- Blue Yeti mic for my audio.
- Garage Band for recording and editing voice over.
- Quick Time for recording myself outside of Skype.
- Adobe After Effects CC 2015 for the motion graphics.
- Screenium for the Divi Quick Tip screencasting.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015 for editing.
- Blubrry PowerPress for podcasting from WordPress.
Starting with my recording this week with Andrew Palmer I will begin incorporating some of the new equipment. Which includes new mics, cameras, lighting, and more. The amount of new gear used this week really depends on how well setup and testing goes.
When I finally get everything set up the way I want, not only will I begin using it but that week’s production notes will include some behind the scenes videos to show you exactly what I’m using and how for each segment of the show.
As always, if you have any production related questions feel free to drop them in the comments below and I’ll be happy to talk shop.
Nominate Our Next Co-Host!
We are looking for Divi enthusiasts to co-host Divi Nation each week. If you are interested in sharing your experience with the Divi community, be sure to submit your application below so that we can get in touch! Or, if there is someone else you’d like to see featured on the show, please take a moment to nominate them so that they’re on our radar and we can reach out to them.