TEXT: James 1:1-5
MEMORY VERSE: James 1:2 “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials..”
INTRODUCTION: Transformation Through Trial; We have to go through process in our walk with God if we truly want to grow in Him and fulfil His purpose for our life. We must understand that whatever happens to you, God has a way of turning it to work for your good. Rom. 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
HOW TO RESPOND TO TRIALS
- Have a perspective of joy to trials. James 1:2, Romans 8:18, Hebrews 12:2 . Have a different attitude to problems by focusing on God’s plan and not your pain. If we must share in his glory, we must also share in his suffering.
- Ask God for wisdom to handle the trial. James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.” You need the wisdom during trials in order to know what God want to achieve and how we are to respond to those problems. However, God is delighted when we exchange our wisdom for His wisdom.
- Rejoice in the Lord always Phil. 4:4, Nehemiah 8:10.
- Pray consistently Acts 12:5, Eph. 6:18. Do not discourse your problem with people rather discourse them with God.
- Refuse to give up. Romans 15:4 “For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.” The process may be slow, but endure it.
The purpose of God for allowing afflictions is not to keep is in hopelessness, despair or needless pain, but to shape us till we become mature, perfect and entirely wanting nothing.