Table Of Contents
Woocommerce Canada Post Shipping Method is a premium shipping method which let you get shipping rates from Canada Post’s latest Ratings API which handles both domestic and international parcels.
The extension requires that your store uses Canadian Dollars for its currency and primarily works with cm and kg, but other units can be converted automatically. It can check the availability and costs of the following services:
Also, Get WooCommerce Bulk Variation Forms
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
Getting Started with Woocommerce Canada Post Shipping Method
The first step is to link your Canada Post account. A notification at the top of the admin screen will remind you to Register/Connect:
- Click the Register/Connect button to be taken to Canada Post’s website.
- Log into your account or register as a new user to allow Woo to get shipping quotes from the API on your behalf.
- Canada Post may request that you enter a credit card for future automatic transactions, such as monthly fees, transaction fees, etc. You can change or update it later when you sign in to My Business Profile on the Canada Post dashboard.
You should be sent to the admin panel upon completion. If you want to disconnect your account in the future, click the link at top of the Settings page under WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Canada Post:
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
- Select your Shipping Zone that you want to add the method to by clicking Edit or the Zone name, then click Add shipping method.
(For details, see setting up Shipping Zones).
- Enable additional services such as extra coverage and leaving cards for pickup.
- Enable/disable, edit the names of, and add costs to services
- Pack items individually or using the built-in box packer