WooCommerce Cart Add-Ons or Cart Up-Sells and Add-Ons is a tool for driving incremental and impulse purchases once customers are in the shopping cart. It extends the concept of upsells and cross-sells at the product level, and engages your customer at the moment they are most likely to increase spending.
Also, Get WooCommerce CardStream / Charity Clear
Installation for WooCommerce Cart Add-Ons
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
To set up your upsells:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Cart Add-Ons.
- Enter a Display title. Give the section a name.
- Enter Maximum products to show – Tell the widget the maximum number of upsell products to show in the shopping cart.
- Select Default Add-Ons – Products shown to customers in the cart, if more detailed (Category or Product specific) recommendations are undefined. Leave blank if you don’t want default products shown.
- Select Category Matches – Click + Add Category to define upsells for that category. Use as few or as many as you wish. Use priority to order recommended products when the shopper’s cart has multiple matches.
- Select Product Matches – Click + Add Product to define upsells for that product. Use as few or as many as you wish. Use priority to order recommended products when the shopper’s cart has multiple matches.
- Save changes.
Add-ons aren’t added to the cart by default. You must add them to the page, to the theme, or use a widget. More information in the Usage section.
There are three ways to use add-ons you set up.
- Use one of the Widgets by going to Appearance > Widgets in your admin area.
- Use shortcodes on any page or post – including the shopping cart page:
[display-addons length=5 mode=loop] – Will use your theme’s template
[display-addons length=4 mode=images_name] – Shows the product image along with the product name
[display-addons length=8 mode=images_name_price] – Will display product images with name and price
[display-addons add_to_cart=1] – Will display products with an “AJAX” add-to-cart button
- Use directly in your theme:
$num = the maximum number of add-ons to display
$display can be one of the following: