WooCommerce Constant Contact integration lets you, signup customers, to your Constant Contact email lists during checkout. Use the included widget to add a signup form to other areas of your site and start building your email list today.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Goto Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Click the Configure link and read the next section to learn how to set up and configure the plugin.
Setup and Configuration
These instructions on obtaining API keys are for the v1 API.
To get started, go here and log in with your Constant Contact username and password:
Next, click the link to request a new API key:
Now, enter your website address for the display name, your email for the technical contact, and enter “WordPress/WooCommerce Integration” for the Application Description. You may leave the rest of the fields blank.
Submit the form, and check the box on the next page to agree to the terms, then hit “Request an API Key”:
Then paste it into the API Key text box under WooCommerce > Settings > Constant Contact:
Now enter your Constant Contact username and password and hit “Save Settings”. You should see the email lists from your Constant Contact account appear in the “Email List” box. Select which email list you want customers’ email addresses to be added to when they sign up at checkout. Click “Save Settings” and you’re done! Read on to learn more about the settings and other extension features.
- Subscribe Checkbox Label – This is the text that appears to the signup checkbox on checkout, which by default looks like:
- Subscribe Checkbox Default – Choose whether the signup checkbox is checked or unchecked by default.
- Email List – Choose the Constant Contact email list that email addresses will be added to when a customer has opted in during checkout.
- ConstantContact.com Username – This is the username that you use to log into constantcontact.com.
- ConstantContact.com Password – This is the password that you use to log into constantcontact.com.
- API Key – This is the API key obtained by following the process detailed above.
- Debug Mode – Turn this on if you are having issues. Any errors will be logged to the WooCommerce error log, which you can submit along with a support ticket.