WooCommerce Distance Rate Shipping allows you to set up rules and charge rates based on the distance from your shipping location to the customer’s location.
Rules can be set up to charge shipping based on the distance and total travel time, as well as the number items in the cart, weight of the items, and the total value of the cart.
Installation for WooCommerce Distance Rate
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
The first step in setting up the WooCommerce Distance Rate Shipping extension is to generate an API key on Google, as the extension makes use of the Google Maps and Google Distance Matrix APIs.
Obtain a Google API Key
- Go to: https://console.developers.google.com project and sign in with your Google account.
- On the Dashboard screen, click the Library link from the left-hand menu. Then search for Google Maps Distance Matrix API.
- Copy the API key generated in the pop-up box and keep it as you will need to enter this in the WooCommerce Distance Rate Shipping extension settings.
- After you copy your API key, close the box and click Overview in the left column. Once again, expand the list of the Google Maps APIs by clicking More and then click Google Maps Embed API.
- Click the Enable API button.