WooCommerce Elavon VM Payment Gateway allows your customers to pay for their order with a credit card or eCheck directly on your eCommerce storefront when checking out. Customers can also save credit cards to their account security for fast and easy checkout. Includes full support for WooCommerce Subscriptions and Pre-Orders. You’re just moments away from getting the gateway setup and accepting payments!
Also, Get Woocommerce Easy Checkout Field Editor
Requirements for WooCommerce Elavon VM Payment Gateway
- Important: Ensure that your Elavon account is set up for “eCommerce” and not simply “Phone/Catalog”. Your Elavon rep can change this setting for you.
- Elavon Converge is available only for accounts in North America (the United States & Canada).
- An SSL certificate is required to use Elavon.
- Elavon requires merchants to have a “Shipping Policy” page. We’re not sure if this is required for every merchant, so we recommend having one ready on your site to share with the merchant set up team if needed.
- Elavon allows merchants to set some fields in the transaction as “required”. However, our plugin may not send all fields, so please ensure you have only enabled the fields listed here.
- If you intend to allow payment authorizations (not capturing funds immediately), or process refunds via WooCommerce, you must ensure these are enabled for your Elavon account. Please check with your Elavon account representative.
- If you intend to use additional features, such as eChecks or multi-currency, these must also be enabled for your Elavon account by your account representative.
- Elavon has a unique process for enabling tokenization (saving card information for future transactions / Subscriptions). Not only must this be enabled for your account, but you may need to adjust your merchant account settings.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > Elavon Converge and read the next section to learn how to set up and configure the plugin.
Setup and Configuration
You must have an active merchant account with Elavon in order to make use of this plugin. Contact Elavon’s customer support or sales if you don’t already have an account.