Table Of Contents
WooCommerce FreshBooks extension allows you to automatically create your customers in WooCommerce as Clients in FreshBooks, and to optionally create drafts or send invoices for orders. Payments can be synced between invoices and orders, and FreshBooks items can also be linked to WooCommerce products for better reporting.
By having all your data entered into FreshBooks automatically upon order, your customers will have immediate access to download PDF invoices, and you can even send invoices by “snail mail” automatically.
Requirements for WooCommerce FreshBooks extension
If you use the new FreshBooks (it looks different than our screenshots), please reach out to FreshBooks’s customer service to change your account. This is best to do as early as possible, so if you’re new to FreshBooks, please do this before configuring your account.
Also, Get Woocommerce Free Gift Coupons
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > FreshBooks and read the next section to learn how to set up and configure the plugin.
Setup and Configuration
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > FreshBooks to get to settings.
- Enter your API URL. You can get this information by logging in to FreshBooks and navigating to My Account > FreshBooks API.
- Enter your API token. You can get this information by logging in to FreshBooks and navigating to My Account > FreshBooks API.
Save this information to pull in your FreshBooks data and continue reading if you’d like to change the plugin configuration.
What does WooCommerce FreshBooks do?
- Easily create new clients in FreshBooks when customers order from your WooCommerce store
- Alternatively, invoice all orders under a default client
- Option to automatically generate invoices for all orders, or manually create invoices
- Option to automatically send invoices via email or snail mail for new orders
- Bulk actions to create, send or add payments to invoices
- Sync WooCommerce order numbers and FreshBooks invoice numbers
- Include shipping and taxes as line items with relevant codes in invoices
- Automatically sync payments between your shop’s WooCommerce orders and FreshBooks invoices
- Map FreshBooks payment types for the WooCommerce payment methods you offer NEW
- Link WooCommerce products to FreshBooks items for better reporting
- Supports WooCommerce Subscriptions to generate invoices for each renewal order.