WooCommerce GoCardless Payment Gateway or GoCardless extension provides the integration between WooCommerce and the UK-based, direct-debit GoCardless payment gateway, so store owners may collect online payments.
Direct Debit (GoCardless) only appears as a payment method if the customer’s billing country is in:
- Australia (AU)
- New Zealand (NZ)
or on the list of SEPA countries:
- Austria (AT), Belgium (BE), Bulgaria (BG), Switzerland (CH), Cyprus (CY), Czech Republic (CZ), Denmark (DK), Estonia (EE), Finland (FI), France (FR), Germany (DE), United Kingdom (GB), Greece (GR, Croatia (HR), Hungary (HU), Ireland (IE), Iceland (IS), Italy (IT), Liechtenstein (LI), Latvia (LV), Lithuania (LT), Luxembourg (LU), Malta (MT), Monaco (MC), Netherlands (NL), Norway (NO), Poland (PL), Portugal (PT), Romania (RO), Sweden (SE), San Marino (SM), Slovakia (SK), Slovenia (SI), Spain (ES).
Also, Get WooCommerce Give Products
While GoCardless can collect from customers in the above countries, note that GoCardless can only onboard merchants from:
- United Kingdom
Requirements WooCommerce GoCardless
- GoCardless account
- SSL Certificate with https:// included in the path, e.g., https://example.com/wc-api/WC_Gateway_GoCardless/ – Free and low-cost SSL certificates are available,
Installation for WooCommerce GoCardless Payment
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.