WooCommerce Lightspeed POS Integration or Lightspeed Retail Point of Sale integration for WooCommerce enables your WooCommerce store and Lightspeed Point of Sale account to communicate and keep inventory in sync.
WooCommerce Lightspeed POS allows you to integrate and import inventory from Lightspeed to WooCommerce and sync inventory across both systems.
- Purchase and download this plugin
- Upload this plugin to your WooCommerce store
- Go to: WooCommerce > Lightspeed and connect to your Lightspeed Retail account
This extension requires a Lightspeed account.
If you do not have one, you can sign up for a free Lightspeed trial account here.
Also, Get WooCommerce Klarna Payment Gateway
Installation for WooCommerce Lightspeed POS Integration
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce.com account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
When a new sale comes in via your Point of Sale system, stock quantities are updated within WooCommerce. When a new order arrives via WooCommerce, your Lightspeed Retail account reflects the same inventory numbers.
Initial Setup 1-way sync (available)
- WooCommerce is empty, no products.
- Lightspeed is full, many products.
- Lightspeed fills WooCommerce with products. Initial Import (See next: Load Products from Lightspeed POS).
- WooCommerce sells products and feeds inventory changes back to Lightspeed
- Product management is done in Lightspeed for all values that are synced by the extension: Price, images etc. while WooCommerce provides the beautiful storefront.
This is what defines a 1-way sync scenario using this extension to sync Lightspeed with your WooCommerce store: Lightspeed overrules/manages WooCommerce product inventory while WooCommerce feeds selected info (sales, inventory) back to it. We try to depict this in our little header graphic.
Due to the fact that Lightspeed is the deciding factor in this system, we call Lightspeed the “Source of Truth”.