WooCommerce Measurement Price Calculator plugin allows you to add quantity and user-defined calculators to enable the listing of products that are sold per unit with a known measurement (for instance, tiles with an advertised square footage per box), or products which are priced by the foot, square meter, cubic yard, kilogram, etc and are purchased using a custom measurement (such as fabric).
By determining what kind of measurement you’d like your pricing based on, you can then set price by a defined quantity (for example, price based on a box with 12 tiles), or price by allowing customers to enter their own measurement (for example, price by linear foot).
The two calculator modes (the quantity-based calculator and the user-defined calculator) are possible for each type of measurement, and you can change between them by enabling or disabling one checkbox.
Also, get WooCommerce MailChimp Integration
- The quantity-based mode allows the customer to enter the measurement of product they require, and the calculator will determine the quantity (i.e., boxes of tiles) required to meet or exceed the required measurement.
- With the user-defined mode, you set a price per measurement (i.e., dollars per foot) and the customer enters the dimensions they require, and the total price is then calculated.
This tutorial also gives you some good information on how to use the calculator and goes through some sample configurations.
Installation for WooCommerce Measurement Price
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Read the next sections to learn how to set up and configure the plugin.
- Use the quantity calculator for products based on known product measurements (i.e. box of tiles)
- Use the pricing calculator for products priced and sold by the unit: foot, square meter, cubic yard, etc (i.e. garden mulch by volume, wallpaper by area)
- Product prices can be displayed per unit (e.g., “$1.75 / ft”, “from $3 / sq m”) in-shop and on product pages
- Pricing calculator inventory support: product inventory can be managed “per unit”
- Pricing calculator dynamic weight: product weight can be set/calculated “per unit” for shipping