WooCommerce Nested Category Layout alters catalogue and/or shop layouts to show products in their respective categories or subcategories. WooCommerce will allow you to display categories but requires the user to click through categories and subcategories to find products.
This plugin provides an intuitive layout that makes it easy for customers to find relevant products, since categories and subcategories are shown with products below them, allowing customers to view products without clicking through several screens.
Also, Get WooCommerce Name Your Price
Installation for WooCommerce Nested Category Layout
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products and read the next section to learn how to set up and configure the plugin.
Setup and Configuration
First, products must be categorized into categories and subcategories if relevant. Many shops do this already, but without categories for products, this plugin will not work as expected.
WooCommerce typically displays all products on the shop page without categorization. This plugin will change that flow to make your store easier for users to navigate.
Once your categories are set up, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Products and scroll down to “Catalog Pages by Category”:
First, select how many products you want to display in the subcategory. If the subcategory contains more products than you choose to display, a “See More” link will be displayed after the products so that users can view the res
What does Nested Category Layout do?
- Increase customer satisfaction and sales with an intuitive layout that separates products by subcategory
- Select which category pages to alter, and which to render as normal
- Easily configure the number of products per subcategory to display on the shop and catalogue pages
- Known compatibility with WooCommerce Themes and the Genesis Framework
- The flexible, overrideable architecture allows customization and support for additional themes and frameworks