Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Paygate Payment Gateway or PayGate for WooCommerce payment gateway allows customers to make payments online.PayGate is a South African payment processor and has support for MasterCard and Visa, and optionally American Express and Diners Club.
Requirements for WooCommerce Paygate Payment
- PayGate account
- SSL certificate – see SSL and HTTPS for free and low-cost options
- Your store’s location must be set to South Africa and currency set to ZAR (rand)
Also, Get WooCommerce PagSeguro Payment Gateway
Sign up with PayGate
- Go to: Getting Started with PayGate.
- Complete the form.
- Select Get Started.
Installation for WooCommerce Paygate Payment
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
Note: ‘Payments’ formerly called ‘Checkout’ prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
- Select PayGate. You are taken to the Settings screen
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown to customers during checkout
- Description – Add info shown to customers if they use PayGate
- Yes/No to display the Description.
- PayWeb or PayXML – Should match what you signed up for at the PayGate website.
- PayGate Test Mode – Enable if the store is in development. Disable Enable PayGate if this is the case.
- PayGate ID and PayGate Password (Secret Key) – Enter, as shown on your PayGate account.
- Accept Diners Club and American Express – Tick checkboxes if you are using PayXML and already enabled these options with PayGate. Not applicable to PayWeb.
- Save changes.
The PayWeb payment option allows users to check out using PayGate’s hosted payment facility, and redirects them to handle the payment processing and then back to your site once the payment is complete.