Table Of Contents
WooCommerce PayPal Advanced Plugin is a gateway that allows you to seamlessly integrate credit card processing into your checkout. This product combines a Merchant Account and Payment Gateway into one cost-effective solution for the United States and Canada.
- Low cost and seamless integration
- Easier PCI compliance
- Combines Merchant Account and Payment Gateway
Also, Get Woocommerce PayPal Adaptive Payments
Installation for WooCommerce PayPal Advanced Plugin
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce.com account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Activate the extension.
To use the PayPal Payments Advanced extension, you need a Merchant account. Go to PayPal Advanced and submit an application.
If you wish to use an existing account different from what’s stated, you must inquire with PayPal directly about whether this is allowed and possible. PayPal has a wide variety of products, and each has its own policies and rules.
If you do not have a live PayPal Payments Advanced account, you can use the Test account by following instructions at Testing with the Payflow gateway.
Setup and Configuration
To set up PayPal Payments Advanced for your WooCommerce store:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments.
Note: ‘Payments’ formerly called ‘Checkout’ prior to WooCommerce 3.4.
- Use the toggle under Enabled to select PayPal Advanced.
- Select Set Up. You are taken to the PayPal Advanced settings
- Configure your settings:
- Enable/Disable – Enable to use. Disable to turn off.
- Title – Choose the title shown to customers during checkout
- Description – Add info shown to customers if they use PayPal Advanced.
- Merchant Login, Partner, User and Password — Enter info from your PayPal Advanced account.
- PayPal Sandbox — Tick the checkbox if you wish to use test (not live) mode.
- Select Transaction Type:
- Authorization, payment is authorized but not completed. You need to manually Capture.
- Sale automatically captures payment. This is recommended.
- Select Layout A, B or C.
- Tick the Mobile Mode checkbox to activate responsive layout.
- Enter an Invoice Prefix (optional). Helpful if using the same PayPal account for more than one website/store.
- Select (optional) custom colours for
- Page Collapse Border
- Page Collapse Text
- Page Button Background
- Page Button
- Label Text
- Tick the Enable Logging checkbox to help troubleshoot issues. Otherwise, leave unticked (recommended).
- Save changes