Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Paytrail Payment Gateway plugin (formerly Suomen Verkkomaksut) extends WooCommerce allowing you to take payments via Paytrail payment portal. You need to register for a contract with Paytrail to use this plugin.
Installation for WooCommerce Paytrail Payment
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Paytrail and read the next section to learn how to set up and configure the plugin.
Also, Get WooCommerce Payson Form
Setup and Configuration
First, you must log in to your Paytrail account and copy your Merchant ID and Merchant Secret / Password. These are necessary to link your Paytrail account to this plugin. You’ll save this information on the plugin settings page.
You can test the plugin with the following test credentials:
- Merchant ID: 13466
- Merchant Secret: 6pKF4jkv97zmqBJ3ZL8gUw5DfT2NMQ
Extension Settings WooCommerce Paytrail Payment
You can configure the plugin from WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > Paytrail.
- Enable / Disable – This will enable the gateway to be used by customers to checkout.
- Title – This is the text shown for the payment during checkout and on the Order Received page.
- Description – This is the text shown under the title during checkout. Limited HTML is allowed. If you enable test mode, this section will also display a notice.
- Debug Log – Enable this to log Paytrail events to the error log — you can show logged responses on checkout, save them to the System Status log, or both. As a best practice and to maximize performance, please only enable this if you are experiencing issues with the plugin.
- Merchant ID – This is the ID assigned to you by Paytrail and can be found by logging in to your Paytrail Account.
- Merchant Secret – Enter the Paytrail Merchant Secret password from your Paytrail Account.
- Use extended info – Enable this option to send extended user info to Paytrail instead of just sending the amount for payment.
- Language – Set the language to use for the payment page (Finnish, English, or Swedish).