Table Of Contents
WooCommerce PDF Product Vouchers lets you create and sell customizable vouchers for products such as tours, events, classes, or any goods/services that are purchased in your WooCommerce store or physical location.
Your customers can purchase vouchers for themselves or others and choose voucher images from your preset options. After purchase, the customer can access the PDF voucher which can be redeemed online or in person. You can even couple PDF Product Vouchers with the Name Your Price plugin to let your customers determine the value of their vouchers!
- WooCommerce 2.6.14+ – please note that redeeming vouchers online requires WooCommerce 3.2+
- PHP 5.3+
- Loopback connects – required to generate voucher PDFs, as the plugin must retrieve the HTML for each voucher.
- SSL certificate – required to support barcode scanning, as browsers often prohibit scanning for non-HTTPS sites.
Installation for WooCommerce PDF Product
- Ensure your store meets the plugin requirements.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
- Click Configure and read the next section to learn how to set up the plugin.
Getting started with WooCommerce PDF Product
There aren’t any special settings to configure, so you can jump right in and start setting up your voucher templates!
Creating a voucher template
Follow the steps below to create a voucher template:
- Go to WooCommerce > Vouchers > Voucher Templates.
- Click Add Voucher Template.
- On the General tab, determine the template name, voucher type, whether the voucher can be redeemed online, and various formatting settings.
- On the Images tab, set the background image by choosing one of the default options or by uploading your own image. You can add more images to let customers choose their desired background, but they must have the same dimensions as the primary image. Field placements must match between various images since swapping backgrounds does not reposition the voucher fields. When you create your background images, we recommend using high resolution / 300 DPI (instead of the default 72 DPI), and setting the voucher to a corresponding level.
- Work through the other voucher template settings to add fields to your template and determine their positioning:
- Product Name
- Product SKU
- Product Price
- Product Quantity
- Voucher Number (required if online redemptions are enabled)
- Expiration Date
- Purchaser Name
- Recipient Name
- Recipient Email