Table Of Contents
WooCommerce PDF Watermark Extension allows you to stamp/watermark eBooks and other PDF downloadable files with custom text or images to prevent and identify unauthorized sharing.
You can also protect PDF files further by enabling copy, print and modification protection, as well as password-protecting your files.
Requirements for WooCommerce PDF Watermark
- Hosting server must have FPDF installed
Certain hosting environments use security settings that prevent PDF Watermark from working properly. If you encounter difficulty, manually upload your PDF file via FTP to your site’s root folder.
Installation for WooCommerce PDF Watermark
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
Global settings apply to all PDF downloads in your store, and you can disable or changes some of these at the Product and Variation level.
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > PDF Watermark.
- Watermark Type – The type of watermark you want to apply to PDF downloads, you can either choose an image watermark, or a text watermark.
- Watermark Image – The url to a locally uploaded image to use as the watermark. You can use the WordPress Media Uploader to upload images and then simply copy the URL. Media > Add New in the WordPress admin area.
- Watermark Text – The text to use for text based watermarks, you can use a list of predefined tags to personalize the text based on the customer who is downloading the file. If the supplied tags is not sufficient, you can hook into the wc_pdf_watermark_parse_template_tags filter to define your own tags.
- Font – The font to use for text watermarks.
- Font Size – The size of the font to use for text watermarks.
- Font Style – Whether you want the text to be bold, italics or underlined.
- Font Color – Color of the font to use for text watermarks.
- Watermark Opacity – This controls the transparency of the watermark text or image, 0 = fully transparent, 1 = fully opaque.
- Horizontal Position – Horizontal location where the watermark must be placed.
- Vertical Position – Vertical position where the watermark must be placed.
- Horizontal Offset – If you require extra padding to the left and right of your text or image you can specify that here, you can use positive and negative numbers.
- Vertical Offset – If you require extra padding to the top and bottom of your text or image you can specify that here, you can use positive and negative numbers.
- Display on pages – On what pages you would like the watermarks to display, you can choose between All, First, Last, Alternate. Alternate will put it on every other page.