Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Pin Payments Gateway extension allows you to use Australian-based Pin Payments as a credit card processor without a bank merchant account. Using Pin Payment’s secure Pin.js payment form, whereby the credit card details are never received by your server, you can process payments in any currency supported by Pin.
Pin Payments Gateway supports the Subscriptions extension.
It also supports re-using cards. When a visitor pays, they are set up in Pin Payments as a customer and use the same card on a future order. This is a timesaver for returning customers.
Also, Get WooCommerce PickingPal
Requirements for WooCommerce Pin Payments
- Active Pin Payments account
- Store set to currency supported by Pin Payments
- SSL certificate
Installing Pin Payments
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
- Log in to your Pin Payments dashboard and click Account from the menu.
- Make note of your API Keys, both Publishable (used with Pin.js) and Secret (used for server-based calls).
- If you have completed the activation process, you will have both test and live API key sets. If you have not, you will need to follow this process again with your live API keys once you’ve been activated.
- Log into your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on WooCommerce | Settings from the left hand menu, then the top tab “Payment Gateways”. You should see “Pin Payments” as an option in the list.
- You should see “Pin Payments” displayed across the top of the page as a link also. Click on this to configure the plugin, and you will see a list of options:
- Tick to “Enable this payment method”.
- The “Title” option allows you to determine what your customers will see this payment option displayed as. You might choose for this to be something like “Pin Payments” or “Credit card”.
- The “Enable Test mode” option allows you to test transactions with this payment gateway to ensure your setup is correct.
- Enter your “Publishable API Key” and “Secret API Key” (both test and live if you have them).
- Save changes in WordPress and you’re done.