Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Postcode / Address Validation extension connects your store to one of several providers, letting you easily provide US address validation, postcode lookup for the UK or NL, or offer international address lookup.
To perform lookups or validation, this plugin will connect your store to your account with one of the following services:
Installation for WooCommerce Postcode / Address Validation
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Goto Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Click the Configure link and read the next section to learn how to setup and configure the plugin.
Also, Get WooCommerce Points And Rewards
Setup and Configuration for WooCommerce Postcode
Plugin settings can be found under WooCommerce > Settings > Address Validation. Here you’ll select your provider and configure general settings, along with some provider-specific settings.
General Settings can change based on your selected provider.
- Provider – Select the provider you’d like to use for address validation or postcode lookup.
- Debug Mode – Enable this to output debugging information on the checkout page. As a best practice, you should leave this disabled unless you experience issues with the plugin.
- Geocode Addresses? – (SmartyStreets only) Enable this to save the customer latitude and longitude to the order details.
- Classify Addresses? – (US providers) Enable this to save an address classification (Residential or Commercial) to the order.
- Force Customer to lookup address via postcode – (Postcode lookup providers) Enable this to force customers to use postcode lookup; address fields will be hidden until lookup is used. Note that once the customer clicks “Lookup Address”, the address fields are displayed regardless of whether the lookup is successful.
Upon signup, Loqate offers a limited amount of free lookup credits during the trial period. Once the credit or trial has expired, depending on region, a paid account will be required. Loqate can be used for address lookup / auto-complete in any country with a paid account. Please ensure you have enough credits in your account to allow for uninterrupted use of the service.