WooCommerce PostNL Shipping Method is a premium shipping method that calculates worldwide and Netherlands (NL) domestic shipping for customer orders, using their rates. This plugin uses PostNL prices and services for 2018.
Installation for WooCommerce PostNL Shipping Method
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
- Click the Shipping Zone you want to add the method to, and click the Add shipping method + button on the right.
- Select PostNL from the dropdown and click Add shipping method:
- Select the shipping method you wish to configure from the shipping zone (PostNL in this case).
- Configure the settings:
- Enable/Disable– Choose whether to enable the shipping method or not.
- Method Title – Name the shipping method. This will be visibile by customers.
- Method Availability – This setting lets you narrow down the countries which can get quotes. Leave set to All Countries to have it available for all customers.
- Debug Mode – Enable debug mode to show debugging information on your cart/checkout.
- Rates and Services – These settings control the services and rates you offer customers.
- Parcel Packing Method – See below.
- Offer Rates – Choose to return all rates (user will get the choice) or just return a single rate.
- Services – Here you can rename, and re-order, PostNL shipping rates.
- Save changes.
Parcel Packing Method
There are two packing methods with PostNL, and each affects the parcels you send:
- Per Item — Each physical item in your cart is sent individually. Quotes for all items are combined for the final cost.
- Pack into Boxes — Items are packed into pre-defined boxes and sent for a quote. We recommend this option. See Box-Packing below for more information on this.