Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Product Add-Ons allows you to add paid or free options to your products using several field types including radio buttons, checkboxes, drop-down fields, custom text inputs and more.
This extension also works with WooCommerce Subscriptions (separate purchase) to add additional pricing to the recurring subscription.
Installation for WooCommerce Product Add-Ons
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now, and then Activate.
Setup and Configuration
To create add-ons, use the Create Add-Ons button shown at the top of the screen upon installation.
Or go to WooCommerce > Products > Add-Ons and then select Create New. You can add product level add-ons by editing a product.
Also, Get WooCommerce Print Invoice & Packing List
Settings for WooCommerce Product Add-Ons
Add-on settings allow you to configure add-ons that apply to all products, or products in selected categories. This includes:
- Name: Used to differentiate add-ons from one another, this is not displayed on the website. By default, this is filled in for you.
- Priority: Specify the order in which to display, if there is more than one add-on activated. An add-on with priority 1 would be above an add-on with priority 10.
- Product Categories: Set to All products, or choose categories to apply the add-on. Removing the All products tag will deactivate the add-on, which can be handy for seasonal add-ons or time specific add-ons.
Add-on fields are added the same way for both per-product and global add-ons. This panel is found on a new or existing product. To add your first add-on, click the “Add field” button. This will insert a blank add-on:
Select a field type from the top-most select box. As of writing, these options are available:
- Multiple choice – Shows a list of options the user can choose from. Display as dropdowns, images, or radio buttons.
- Customer-defined price – Shows a field where users can enter a numerical value that is added to the product price.
- Quantity – Shows a spinner where users can input a number.
- Checkboxes – Shows a checkbox or checkboxes that can be ticked/unticked by a customer.
- Short text – There are five in-built types. This shows a text field where users can enter either any text; just letters; just numbers both or an email address only.
- Long text – Shows a text field where users can write multiple lines of text (character limit possible).
- File upload – Allows users to upload a file.
- Heading – Add a heading between add-ons to group them into sections.