Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Product Documents Extension allows you to add an accordion-style menu to your product page, or to anywhere on your site that allows you to use shortcodes or widgets. You can display technical specifications, installation instructions, warranty information, ebook sample chapters, and more in a clean, easy-to-use format.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Click the Configure link and read the next section to learn how to set up the plugin.
Also, Get WooCommerce Product CSV Import Suite
Setup and Configuration
You don’t have to set a default title for your product documents. However, if you know you’ll be using the same title over and over, you probably want to save some time, and can set a default title (for example, “Product Documents”, “Sample Chapters”, or “Technical Specifications”), by going to WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display and go down to Product Documents:
You can override this default name for a particular product. While editing the product page so, You can view the Product tab under Data. Leaving the “Documents Title” empty will result in using the default name from the settings page.
How can I use Product Documents?
Want to sell an ebook? Many times, offering sample chapters can be a helpful way to engage readers and encourage them to buy (why else would Amazon gives away chapters for the Kindle edition of books for free?). You can now list sample chapters, sample images, and more in a sophisticated front-end display with virtually no effort.
What can Product Documents Do?
- Upload any file type to share documents with customers in an accordion-style menu
- Display product documentation from other page URLs, such as YouTube
- Customize the name of tabs and file names in your menu
- Display menus below the product short description, or anywhere you can use shortcodes on your site
- Display the documentation menu for the corresponding product in a sidebar using our widget and so
- Use one shortcode to display a list of all attached documents on your site (listed by product)