WooCommerce Product Retailers extension allows you to easily setup retailers or distributors for products in your store, including a URL to their website/product page, then assign them to individual products. Customers can then purchase the item directly on your store, or they can visit the retailer or distributor’s website to purchase.
- Download the extension from your dashboard
- Goto Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded
- Click Install Now, and then Activate
- Click the Configure link and read the next section to learn how to setup and configure the plugin.
Also, Get WooCommerce Product Image Watermark
Setup and Configuration
Button Text Defaults
So, Visit WooCommerce > Settings > Products > Display and scroll down to Product Retailers to configure the two button text defaults if desired:
These default to the values shown above for products, but can be overridden on a per-product basis and can be useful to configure if for instance you’re linking to a “distributor” or “affiliate” rather than retailer to save time in product creation.
- Product Button Text – Shown on the product page “purchase from retailer” button/dropdown, unless overridden at the product level. Defaults to: “Purchase from Retailer”
- Catalog Button Text – Shown on the catalog page and “Add to Cart” button for simple products which are sold only through retailers. Defaults to: “View Retailers”
Creating a Retailer List
The next step in configuration is to create a list of retailers / distributors / affiliated sites. To do this, go to WooCommerce > Retailers and click “Add New Retailer”:
The minimum amount of information required to create a retailer is a name. You can also optionally provide a default URL, which will be used for this external retailer unless the url is overridden at the product level.
Now, you can view and search all your current retailers from WooCommerce > Retailers