Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Role Based Payment / Shipping Methods gives site administrators the ability to individually limit available Shipping Methods and Payment Gateways for each user role, including guests.
Installation for WooCommerce Role Based Payment
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration for WooCommerce Role Based Payment
- Go to: WooCommerce > Role Based Methods.
- Select the tab for Payment Gateways to enable specific payment methods for specific roles (page shown by default). Only active payment gateways are shown; review or change them at WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout.
- Tick (yes) or untick (no) boxes according to which roles you want to be assigned to payment gateways. All boxes are checked by default. If WordPress Groups is enabled, groups are listed. More info in the Groups below.
- Save changes.
- Select the Shipping Methods tab to enable specific payment methods for specific roles. Only active shipping options are shown; review or change them at WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
- Tick (yes) or untick (no) boxes according to which roles you want to be assigned to shipping methods. All boxes are checked by default.
- Save changes.
Roles are generated from the list of WordPress roles currently installed. To install or create a new/different role, select a custom role plugin at WordPress.org.
WordPress Groups Plugin support is a new feature for Role-Based Methods.
When the WordPress Groups Plugin is installed and activated, another box appears and lists the available Groups. Untick the box to disable the respective payment gateways and shipping methods for that specific group.
Group restrictions take precedence over the more general role-based selections.
In the front end, customers only see specific payment methods and shipping options displayed in checkout according to their role.
For example, an Admin may see every available payment option and shipping method; a Guest may only see Cash on Delivery and PayPal as payment methods.