Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Royal Mail Plugin is a premium shipping method for WooCommerce that lets you calculate shipping costs using Royal Mail rates. The Royal Mail extension can calculate rates worldwide or UK domestic.
The WooCommerce Royal Mail shipping plugin allows you to offer Royal Mail shipping rates to customers without the need for an API, as Royal Mail does not provide a public API.
As the Royal Mail postal service and courier company does not provide an API, this extension contains prices and services hardcoded. Our extension reflects current 2019 Royal Mail rates.
Features for WooCommerce Royal Mail Plugin
- Choose what Royal Mail services you want to offer customers.
- Customize the names of services.
- Add extra costs to services, if you wish.
- Pack items individually or use our built-in box packer to ship items in single or multiple package(s).
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Visit: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping.
- Select the Shipping Zone you wish to add the method to and select Add shipping method + on the right.
- Click Royal Mail from the dropdown, and Add shipping method.
- Click on the Royal Mail method to configure the settings:
- Method Title – Name the shipping method. This is visible to customers.
- Rates and Services – Controls the services and rates you offer customers.
- Parcel Packing Method – See below.
- Offer Rates – Choose to return all rates (user gets selection/choice) or return a single rate.
- Services – Rename and re-order Royal Mail shipping rates.
Once the plugin is set up, customers will be offered a choice of Royal Mail rates based on
• which services & rates you’ve enabled
• Now contents of the order
• So, the origin of the order
• From destination of the order