WooCommerce Shipment Tracking Extension pro provides customers with an easy way to track shipments by adding a link to emails and order pages.
Installation for WooCommerce Shipment Tracking Extension
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Also, Get WooCommerce Sequential Order Numbers Pro
Adding tracking information to orders
On the edit/view order screen, you will see a new write panel for shipment information:
To add shipment information for the customer to view:
- Choose a provider. This should be the shipping company you use. If your provider is not listed, choose the Custom Provider option.
- Add the tracking number that the provider assigned. If you chose the custom option, you need to enter the full link to the company’s tracking page (if applicable).
- Choose a shipping date (optional), which is when the package was shipped.
- (optional) Test the preview link to see if it works as you expect.
- Save tracking. This is also a good time to change the order status to Complete. Marking the order as Complete will send the Completed Order email to the customer, including the shipment tracking code.
- (optional) Add additional tracking numbers by clicking Add Tracking Number.
Out of the box, this extension supports custom tracking links and automatic tracking links for the following major providers:
- Australia Post
- Canada Post
- City Link
- Fastway South Africa
- Polish shipping providers
- Royal Mail
- TNT Express (consignment)
- TNT Express (reference)
After adding details to an order, the tracking information will appear in emails, the order tracking page, and the order view page in their account section. For the best effect, add tracking info just before ‘completing’ an order.