Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Snapscan Payment Gateway allows South African customers to check out securely and faster with a simple scan or tap. Because the app encrypts and stores a user’s card details on their phones, your customers spend less time in checkout and more time shopping!.
This adds another payment option. When a customer pays with SnapScan, they scan your code and pay without leaving your site.
Also, Get WooCommerce Smart Coupons
Requirements for WooCommerce Snapscan Payment Gateway
- A SnapScan account. To sign up, visit www.snapscan.co.za
Installation for WooCommerce Snapscan Payment Gateway
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New to upload the file you downloaded.
- Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Payments > SnapScan.
- Enable when ready to go live.
- Enter a Title and Description shown to customers in checkout.
- Enter the SnapCode and Merchant API Key and Merchant Callback Token provided to you by SnapScan.
- Save changes.
- Customers select the SnapScan payment option
- Customers scan the unique code to pay
- WooCommerce sets the order to Processing when payment is complete, and you ship the goods
- Fast and easy signup
- Simple integration
- Customers need not re-enter card details
- Customers scan on a desktop or click to pay on a mobile device
- Responsive and mobile-friendly
- Payment happens onsite with a trusted mobile payment provider!
Why choose SnapScan?
SnapScan is the preferred way for South Africans to pay with their phones.
You may know the app from your favourite weekend market or local coffee shop, but SnapScan also provides payment solutions for larger merchants. From payments and invoicing for Pathcare laboratories to online checkout for big brands like Superbalist, Spree and Wellness Warehouse, we have expanded rapidly, and our flat rate of 3% (incl. VAT) per transaction is highly competitive