WooCommerce Software Add-On gives you the ability to manage license keys and activation via your store. The WooCommerce Software Add-on gives you the ability to manage license keys and activations via your store.
Also, get WooCommerce Sofort Payment Gateway
To use this extension, you need to:
- Create software products
- Integrate your software/web app with the API (optional)
Installation for WooCommerce Software Add-On
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New and Upload Plugin with the file you downloaded with Choose File.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Creating a software product
WooCommerce Software Add-On introduces a new product type called Software that lets you sell license keys. Use this in conjunction with the downloadable type, allowing the user to download the product.
When this product type is selected, a new tab called Software opens in Product data meta box menu.
Fields in this panel:
- Product ID – A string to identify this product. This is used by the API and should be unique to the software you sell.
- License key prefix – Optionally prefix generated license keys with this string.
- Secret key – A random string that acts as the secret key. When creating keys via the API, you need to provide this string.
- Version – Version number for your software.
- Activation limit – How many times the user can activate this software. Leave blank to impose no limits.
- Upgradable product – Name of the product this software is upgrading from.
- Upgrade price – Price for the upgrade, if it differs from the main product price.
- Valid upgrade keys – Valid license keys that can be used for the upgrade, separated by a comma.
- Used upgrade keys – Used keys are added here, separated by a comma.
To manage all licenses, there are new screens and meta boxes available in the WooCommerce backend.