Table Of Contents
WooCommerce Square Payment Gateway combines SAQ-A PCI compliant payment processing with product and inventory synchronization, letting you sell via multiple sales channels and accept secure online payments.
Also, Get WooCommerce Sponsor A Friend Plugin
- PHP 5.6+
- WordPress 4.6+
- WooCommerce 3.0+
- A Square account
- An SSL certificate to use the payment gateway
- Background processing to support automatic product sync
Installation for WooCommerce Square Payment Gateway
- Ensure your store meets the plugin requirements.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Click Install Now and then Activate.
- Click Configure and read the next section to learn how to set up the plugin.
To begin using WooCommerce Square, you first need to connect your site to Square by following the steps below:
- Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Square.
- Click Connect with Square.
- Log in to your Square account. You must be the owner of the Square account to authorize WooCommerce to connect.
- Click That’s My Site – Redirect Me to return to your site.
You’re connected to Square. You can now adjust the other plugin settings and gateway settings as needed.
From WooCommerce > Settings > Square, you can configure the following settings to determine how data sync between Square and WooCommerce:
Payment Gateway Settings
From WooCommerce > Settings > Payment > Square, you can configure the following settings for the Square payment gateway:
- Enable / Disable: Enable to allow customers to use this gateway at checkout.
- Title: Determine how the gateway should be labelled for customers at checkout and on the Order Received page.
- Description: The text shown under the Title during checkout. Limited HTML is allowed.
- Transaction Type: Controls how transactions are submitted to Square. Select “Charge” to automatically capture payments. If you select “Authorization”, you must manually capture and settle payments on the WooCommerce orders screen or from your Square account after the transaction has been submitted (and Authorizations do not display under Square transactions). This defaults to “Charge”.