Table Of Contents
Woocommerce Store Credit Extension creates store credit coupons that enable customers to make multiple purchases with it until the total credit specified is exhausted or until the coupon expires.
Customers can even buy products worth more than the remaining credit and just pay the difference at checkout.
Also, Get WooCommerce Store Catalog PDF Download
Requirements for Woocommerce Store Credit
- WooCommerce 2.6+ (3.2 or greater is recommended)
Installation for Woocommerce Store Credit Extension
- Download the .zip file from your WooCommerce account.
- Go to “WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New” and “Upload Plugin” with the file you downloaded with “Choose File”.
- Install Now and Activate the extension.
Setup and Configuration
Once the plugin is installed and activated, you can proceed to configure it. To access the settings go to “WooCommerce > Settings > General”.
Before starting, be sure you have enabled the WooCommerce setting “Enable coupons“.
On the same page, you will find a section called “Store Credit” with the plugin settings.
Most of the settings are self-explained by their descriptions, but let’s take a look at some of them in more details:
Delete after usage
This setting will send to the trash the coupons with their credit exhausted. This action will only be done when all the orders in which the coupon was used are completed. In this way, we avoid removing the coupon accidentally while it’s still being used by some pending or processing orders and the coupon credit can be restored easily if necessary.
Create a coupon
To create a Store Credit coupon manually:
- Go to: WooCommerce > Coupons > Add Coupon.
- Select Store Credit in the dropdown next to Discount Type.
- Set the “Allowed emails” restriction in the “Usage Restriction” section.
The remainder of functions is managed similarly to other coupon types. More info at Coupon Management.
Keep in mind that a Store Credit coupon shouldn’t be shared among 2 different customers. Each of them needs to have their own unique Store Credit coupon code. So, it’s very important you set the “Allowed emails” restriction with the customer’s email who will use the coupon.