WooCommerce USPS Shipping Method is a premium method that sources shipping rates from the USPS API and works with our free service WooCommerce Shipping, which creates discounted shipping labels right from your WooCommerce dashboard.
USPS can calculate domestic and international parcel rates. This extension uses 2019 rates.
Also, Get USA EPay Payment Gateway
- Your store must use US Dollars as its currency
- Server must have SimpleXML installed. Check with your hosting company if you’re unsure
- Base country must be the United States, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands
The extension primarily works with measurements in Inches (in) and weight in Pounds (lbs), but other units can be converted automatically.
- Download the extension from your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Go to Plugins > Add New > Upload and select the ZIP file you just downloaded.
- Install Now, and then Activate.
API & Debug
Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > USPS.
- USPS User ID – You can use our USPS User ID (this is set automatically) or sign up for your own at Webtools account on USPS.com.
- Debug Mode – Enable debug mode to show debugging info on your cart/checkout. This information is shown to ALL users, so you can test when logged out.
Setup and Configuration
- Go to: WooCommerce > Settings > Shipping > Shipping Zones.
- Add new Shipping Zone or Edit an existing zone to add the shipping method.
- Select USPS from the dropdown, then Add shipping method.
- Configure the settings:
- Method Title – Name the shipping method. This is visible to customers.
- Offer Rates – Choose the options you want to give customers.
- Fallback – Enter a fallback shipping cost (optional), if no rates are returned from the API. This allows the customer to check out if USPS does not return matching rates. When using this option, do not use a dollar sign, just enter the amount (ex: 12.50).
- Flat Rates